3.30.2009

Monday

Discovery of the day: Enough!

OK, ten days is long enough. I've got to get back to it. If there's one ting I've learned in the past year, it's that writing about eating makes me think a little more thoughtful about what I put in my mouth.

Yeah, I have excuses, and I have reasons. But at the end of the day, they don't matter. I'm up eight pounds, which equals a pants size. And I'm not happy about it at all.

Problem is, I haven't been junking out; I've been eating pretty much decent stuff. What I haven't been doing is 'moving through space', as my sister puts it. I've been a lump, a slug, an immobile block of flesh. And my metabolism, after years of yo-yo dieting, has learned exactly what to do when my activity level drops.

It stops.

Yeah, I could cut my intake back to 1000 cals/day, but I've tried that and it just makes it worse. I'm far better off being a little more conscientious about my food choices (read: eat salads for lunch, dammit!) and walking at lunchtime.

So I'm on the cusp of making a bold declaration. Starting April 1st, I am thinking about maybe committing myself to a moderate plan of action.

(Is that vague and loose enough to let me sleaze out without feeling too guilty?)

Stay tuned!
 

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hear ya! Not writing about new recipes and what-not allows me to fall back into the traps of not-so-healthy dinners and skipping lunches and it does nothing but pack on the pounds... And you know, sometimes a little vague goes a long way! ;) I find that forcing myself into something causes me to rebel - especially against myself. While I was a wild child, I never had restrictions or curfews, ergo nothing to "rebel" against..so now that I'm an adult my only rebellions are against myself - so I never deny myself cookie dough or french fries because when I do.. it's bad news. So I feel, a cookie here and a french fry there is better than deny and binge on a whole batch of cookie dough.