2.10.2009

Tuesday

Discovery of the day: Lettuce-free?

Apparently I am having a lettuce-free February. I certainly didn't plan on it, but so far that's how it's gone down.

There's just so much going on right now, I can't seem to get myself together enough to pack a lunch. I've had one lonely pack of romaine sitting, un-prepped, in the fridge for almost two weeks now. That's just wrong.

Can't see as it's going to get any better in the short term, either. I'm moving this weekend, and it's going to take me some time to get my new morning routine ironed out.

I'm doing the best I can to minimize the damage, but I have a feeling this is going to cost me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm ... I definitely feel you on the salad-free status of this month so far. Is that what you bring for lunch? I personally find salads are easier at dinner, especially if you chop up a couple night's worth of salad and store it in the refrigerator [OK, I know that's supposed to lose more nutrients that way, but isn't it still better than not eating the salad at all? And at least you're getting the fiber.]

Interesting challenge you've got, look forward to following your progress!

Liz T. said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone!

I had been bringing a 'Big Ass Salad' for lunch most days since it's hard to get the son and SO to agree to salad for dinner most nights. :) I have to dedicate myself to getting back int he groove.

I also clean up a couple of days' worth of lettuce at a time. It keeps pretty well in a zip-top bag, as long as it doesn't get put in the wrong part of the fridge and freeze!