2.24.2009

Tuesday

Discovery of the day: And the scale sez...

A whopping six point five pounds! That's the difference between my scale and my SO's. I was totally relieved that it wasn't all me, until I realized that I don't know which scale is closer to correct. And I can't think of a good way (weigh? ha!) to check. I'm guessing it would take something at least 25 lbs for a true test, and I don't think I have a known-good-25-lb thing around.

In the meantime, I can check myself on my own scale, and even though it's better, it's still plenty distressing. I'm up 5 or 6 lbs since fall. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's just enough to tip me back into my larger pants.

I wish it was all a matter of watching what I eat, but that's really not it. I am simply not moving through space enough. And what's worse is that I don't particularly want to do anything about it.

I'm hoping once February passes and it starts to smell like Spring, I'll get motivated to start walking at lunchtime again.

Poor February. I blame a lot of things on February. When March comes I'm really not going to have a lot of excuses left, am I?
 

No comments: