5.07.2008

Wednesday

Discovery of the day: Quinoa Veggie Stew

The stew turned out nicely, but there are a few tweaks I'd make. There always are, aren't there? I'd add more seasonings and cook the veggies down much more before adding the quinoa. They were technically done but I felt like they should have had more time to meld, or 'marry', as the foodies say. But my goal is to get dinner on the table by 6:30 pm and I just ran out of time.

I heated up some whole wheat tortillas to go along with. We put butter on them and they were nice, but what I really craved was some naan. I'll have to look into how hard it is to make naan and whether whole wheat naan is an option. I used to bake a lot and whole-grain baking is an interesting challenge. Could be fun.

Today I'm meeting my ex for lunch at TDM then I have running class this eve so I'll have to grab something quick for dinner as I bounce off the house. I do have some of the stew left -- I could eat some of that. It's not easy to cram in a BAS on days like this.
 

No comments: