8.26.2008

Tuesday

Discovery of the day: The virus among us, again

I was side-swiped by a stomach virus Monday afternoon. It reminds me a lot of the one I had last spring. Nothing violent, just enough to kill my appetite and make me feel like crap.

I'd already planned to take the day off, although I hadn't planned to feel like crap. My son & I baked cookies for Operation Baking GALS. So even though my appetite was nil, I spent most of the afternoon feasting on cookie dough and the unfortunate cookies that 'accidentally' fell apart. I had some leftover minestrone for a late lunch/early supper. Now I'm completely sugared out and ready to crawl into bed.

I'm not even getting on the scale tomorrow. I tell you, I'm the only person I know who gains weight with a stomach virus.
 

No comments: