4.01.2008

Tuesday

Discovery of the day: Romaine season

Apparently March is not prime romaine lettuce season. As the month wore on, I had an increasingly tough time finding decent romaine. And the stuff I bought yesterday -- alleged romaine 'hearts' -- was the worst yet.

My theory is that it's now too hot in the south and not yet warm enough in the north.

This makes me increasingly not happy, romaine being my main food source. I suppose I'm going to have to suck it up and start buying other (sniff) lettuces. The red and green leaf stuff looks pretty good, although I haven't yet examined it closely.

I was whining yesterday about how I hadn't lost any weight in March. Turns out that I may not have seen any new numbers on the scale, but I have noticed that my ten lb loss is much more solid now.

I'll take that.

Today I signed up for the 5K running class that I dropped out of last year. It starts this Sat. at 7 am! The other session is (gag!) 6:30 on a weeknight! After work! Bloody painful (on many levels) but I really have to give it the good old college try.

Recently I heard a quote that went something like this: "No matter how old you are, you'll never be this young again."

Yikes! That really shocked me. I need to get my thinking straight.
 

No comments: