4.02.2008

Wednesday

Discovery of the day: Take a walk on the wild side

My pal talked me into having pizza for lunch today. We try to meet once a week at the fancy pants grocery store where we usually hit the salad bar with occasional trips to the soup bar just to mix it up a little. They also have, unfortunately, a pizza 'n' hot dog stand which we have studiously been avoiding for months.

Today, however, she worked her magic on me and I succumbed. She's smooth, real smooth:
P: Hi!

L: Hi!

P: I'm thinking pizza today.

L: Sure!

See what I mean? I didn't stand a chance. She's a temptress, that one.

The pizza (pesto & cheese) wasn't as good as it should have been to justify the calories, but it was still damned fine.

Tonight my son is eating at his dad's so I will find solace in a BAS. Hopefully I'll be able to redeem myself.
 

No comments: