4.30.2008

Wednesday

Discovery of the day: Setpoints suck

I'm closing in on two months straight with absolutely no weight loss. I'm trying to not let it get to me but I'm getting a little annoyed.

I've settled into a reasonably do-able eating plan that I can pretty much stick with, even in times of stress. Sure, there are a few things that I could probably cut back on (did someone say peanut butter?) but overall I think I'm doing OK.

But I'm stuck at my old setpoint, the one on my driver's license, the one I've been bouncing around for years. If I could just get a couple more pounds off I think it would propel me forward to the next (lower) level.

My running class finally starts Saturday, for real this time. As much as I dread the first month of getting moving again, I have a feeling that exercise is the key.

Why is it that the thing you hate the most is the most important part?
 

No comments: