7.15.2008

Tuesday

Discovery of the day: Everything and nothing

Had a variation of my favorite default BAS for dinner last night: quinoa, chickpeas, avocado, salt & pepper. The salt was only because the quinoa didn't get salted during cooking.

I'm telling you, a bunch of that on 6-7 oz of romaine lettuce? Doesn't get much better than that.

I went on a veggie bender during my lunchtime shopping trip today and ended up with a one bunch of beets, two artichokes, four beautiful zucchini, and a bundle of asparagus. That's a lot of fresh (read: perishable) vegs when I'm not doing much cooking, but they all looked so good I couldn't help myself.

I think I'm going to try grating the raw beets for salad. That'll be easy. And my boyfriend grew up in artichoke country so he'll be happy to help me eat those. I'm taking a risk with the zucchini -- often I forget about them and they liquefy in the fridge.

I am planning on cooking tonight, but it's kind of a cheat. More on that tomorrow.
:)
 

No comments: