6.26.2008

Thursday

Discovery of the day: Comfort food

None of the ingredients are related to my native (read: Hoosier) culture in any way, shape, or form, but I am about ready to nominate quinoa, cannellini beans, and avocado as one of my favorite comfort foods. Throw it on top of a BAS and I'm a happy girl.

I'm not talking some exotic preparation here. I'm talking a half cup or so of the plain quinoa I cooked last night w/just a little salt, about 1/3 a can of drained cannellini beans, and half a smallish avocado diced. All thrown on the romaine and stashed in the office fridge until lunchtime.

If I was the imaginative sort, I could probably have added some sort of splash or drizzle of something and turn it into something magical. But I'm not, so I didn't.

Although a grind of black pepper might be nice....
 

No comments: