6.10.2008

Tuesday

Discovery of the day: State of the state

I got on the scale today and I think I may have seen a number I haven't seen in awhile. And if that is indeed the case, I think that puts me at 13 lbs lost since I started.

The first 10 lbs went pretty quickly: 6 lbs in Jan and 4 lbs in Feb. I was stuck in Mar and Apr. That was very discouraging. May ended with a 2 lb loss, and so far in June it looks like 1 lb, although I may be celebrating prematurely. Sometimes it takes a while for these things to "stick."

My guess is that it's the running. I'm sure regular walking or any kind of exercise would have done the trick, since I wasn't really moving through space at all before.

Ideally I'd like to lose another 5 lbs, but I'm happy with the amount and types of food I'm eating now. I'm not sure how much harder I'm willing to work to make that 5 lb loss a reality. It's been a l-o-n-g time since I've been down at that weight. It's going to be hard to lose that 'old' fat, much less get my almost-50yo body to change its setpoint.

But if I manage to get running well-integrated into my routine and I keep eating well, who knows?

And did I mention my boyfriend is somewhere around the 25 lb mark?
 

No comments: