6.04.2008

Wednesday

Discovery of the day: Working on the long view

Sometimes I go and get all philosophical and stuff. Not sure if it's because I'm well into mid-life (and all its associated hormonal delights), or maybe it's a sign I don't drink enough. Regardless, I've thought lots about my yo-yo dieting (and other less-than-stellar behaviors) over the past 20+ years and the lessons I've learned.

I'd thought about writing it all up for y'all, but it looks like Kris over at Cheap Healthy Good has already gone and done it. And much better than I would have.

This quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson is probably my favorite part of that post. And surprisingly enough, it's the part I still need to work on the most:
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered by your old nonsense.

Cool, huh?

While you're over there, check out some of her other posts. It's good stuff; cheap and healthy, to boot! Go on, I'll be here when you get back.

p.s. I'm not her sister L. Really. Off by about 20 years.

No comments: