10.20.2008

Monday

Sorry - I started this yesterday and forgot to post!
Discovery of the day: Vegetable Korma... mmmm!

My SO made this vegetable korma on Saturday. We didn't realize that the recipe serves 6 and we kind of overshot the quantities of veggies to boot so we ended up with a huge vat of it. Well, huge for the two of us, anyway. I usually freeze leftovers but was hesitant to freeze this because of the yogurt, so we're working our way through it this week. Not that I'm complaining!

He left out the cilantro ('cause I don't like it) and the hot curry powder (in deference to my son). He subbed peanut butter for cashew butter. Also, since most of the ingredients in garam masala were listed individually, he just upped those quantities a little and added some cardamom, coriander, and cloves. I had a bag of frozen haricot verts in the freezer (baby green beans) so he used those instead of fresh. And he used chicken stock instead of veg stock, since that's what we had on hand. It was pretty wet so cutting the stock in half might be a good idea.

It would definitely feed 6 at a minimum. I guess I could try freezing some of it to see how the yogurt holds up. Otherwise, I guess the trick would be to add yogurt at the table.

After writing about it, I wish I had brought some for lunch today!
 

No comments: