4.20.2009

BYOB: Close Enough Rolls

I mentioned last week that an otherwise perfect Project Weeknight dinner was delayed due to rolls. Fortunately, it was worth it.

At first I'd planned to make focaccia using my default recipe from 'No Need To Knead' by Suzanne Dunaway. I've used it for some years now and it's great -- one quick rise and it's in the oven. But if focaccia is quick, then rolls made from the focaccia dough would be quicker, right?

Uh, no.

I forgot that rolls need to rise again after shaping. But by the time I figured that out, I was committed. I was pretty skeptical about how well they'd come out because I cut the last rise short, but they exceeded my expectation, big-time. They got a 'multi-thumbs up' rating from my guys.

When will I learn to stand so that my shadow doesn't fall into the picture??


The only change I made to the recipe was to sub out a cup of white whole wheat for a cup of bread flour.

(I solemnly promise that the recipe will go here, as soon as I remember to bring it in)


In a perfect world, I'd plan ahead and get some 100% whole grain dough done ahead of time. Oh well, there's always next time.
 

No comments: