4.09.2009

Thursday

Discovery of the day: Conflicted, much?

Oh, I am so in trouble. I'm getting the baking bug, which is a Very Bad Thing. I was snooping around the Artisan Bread in Five site and decided I desperately want to make a batch of brioche dough and whip out some Hot Cross Buns, and maybe some cinnamon rolls, for Easter.

It doesn't matter that I don't really celebrate Easter. It doesn't matter that the last thing I need is approximately FOUR POUNDS of eggy, buttery, brioche dough in my possession. I really, really want those damned Hot Cross Buns!

Strange but true: When I was little, my favorite nursery rhyme was Hot cross buns, hot cross buns, one a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns... I'd never ever had them and didn't even know what they were, but there was something about the word 'bun', I guess. Apparently I was a future carb-aholic in the making from the get-go.

Will I do it? We'll see. If I do, I'll swap a cup or two of the AP flour for whole wheat flour for which may assuage my conscience a little. And I could probably palm some of the goodies off on friends, if I can pry them out of my SO's hands.

Or not.
:)
 

No comments: