3.14.2008

Friday

Discovery of the day: What not to eat

Yesterday evening was a blur: had to leave work and drive straight to my son's spring concert, then from there to the W_Mart to buy a present for a birthday party he's attending this evening. We finally got home after 7 pm, present (and a box of Girl Scout cookies) in hand.

He'd already eaten at his dad's house. I'd saved some of my x-lrg BAS from lunch and eaten it right before I left work so I wasn't feeling the need to have another salad. But about 8 pm, I started to feel a bit peckish. I tried a banana first. It lasted about 15 minutes. Then a handful of edamame. Then a Thin Mint. And a handful of roasted chickpeas. Yum.

By that time it was after 9 pm. I decided I had to go to bed before I did something stupid.

Lesson learned: Eat a BAS when I get home, even if it's not a full-size one. And hide the cookies!

Saturday marks the Ides of Meatloaf. I decided early in the week that I am going to loosen the controls a bit for weekend dinners, since even the best of intentions can't make 14 salads a week palatable. So at some point this weekend we will be sitting down to meatloaf, mashed potatoes from a box, and frozen mixed vegetables.

Laugh if you must, but I will bet you money that every last scrap of food will disappear.
:)
 

No comments: